The Broson company dates back to 1940 when the Oskarsson brothers Erland and Folke began manufacturing trailers and bike trailers, and later also engaged in the import of steel pipes and profiles. Today the parent company Broson Holding AB is owned by Norwegian Tubinor A/S and consists of two separate but cooperating businesses – Broson Steel AB and Broson Wheels AB.
Broson Wheels has its role as a leading supplier of wheels to manufacturers of “of-highway” vehicles, that is vihiles that are not driven on the road, as well as as axles and brakes for trailers. All operations including administration, sales and warehouse are conducted in Vårgårda. The sales markets are to be found in Scandinavia, the Baltic states and northern Europe.
Broson Steel AB is focused on wlded steel pipes, hollow section tubes and cold formed profiles and is today one of the leading wholesalers on the market. The head offices are located in Vårgårda while warehouse and processing are based in Gothenburg. Sales offices are located in Vårgårda, Västerås and Oslo. Sweden and Norway are the main markets, but some products are also exported to countries in northern Europe.